2023-04-11 01:23:25

by Steve Dickson

Subject: Spring 2023 NFS bake-a-thon (reminder)

Hello,

Just wanted send a quick reminder, that the Spring
bake-a-thon is two week out...

We have a new network this year that creates
peer-to-peer connects which we are hoping will
take care of the latency issues we have seen.

I've updated the the registration section
on the nfsv4bat.org web site [1] but it
basically says the following:

To gain access to the network please register
at the Spring Registration Doc[2].

Here are the steps to access the network.

* Download the tailscale bits
* https://tailscale.com/download
* Register with the BAT server
* tailscale up --login-server https://headscale.nfsv4.dev
* The registration will give an authentication link
* Use that link to
* Create an account on the BAT server
* Authenticate your machine[s]

Once the tailscale interface is up, DNS will be able to find other machines
* The command 'tailscale status' will show those machines

The network is up and running... and it is very easy to
get connected... So please consider registering,
early the better!!

steved.

[1] http://nfsv4bat.org/Events/2023/Apr/BAT/index.html
[2]