2009-03-03 09:47:29

by Suresh Jayaraman

Subject: Re: [NFS] nfsd hangs 2.6.28 through 2.6.28.7

David Warren wrote:
> We are seeing nfsd getting stuck in d wait at boot time. The fix seems
> to be stopping in single user mode prior to nfs starting, renaming
> /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery/ and making a new one, then letting the system
> continue. When it boots and hangs, all processes that touch
> /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery/ go into D-wait. However, if you rename it and
(Cc fixed)

Can you get a Sysrq + w output by doing either
echo w > /proc/sysrq-trigger
(or)
Sysrq + w (hold Sysrq key and press 'w')
and capture dmesg output and attach?

It you could not get a shell, you could try to disable NFS during boot
and try to start NFS once the machine boots and then try.
Is the NFS server running inside a Virtual machine?

Suresh Jayaraman