2010-01-19 22:30:57

by Thomas Haynes

Subject: Git repository / package repository for Cthon 2010

Is there a common kernel tree and/or package distro you guys use?

I.e., would it make sense to preload this before Cthon (or have someone
bring it) and have it available for all to share? We're supposed to have
a lot more internet connectivity, but a wet straw is still a wet straw.

We have disk space and could maybe solve this issue.

2010-01-19 22:46:14

by Trond Myklebust

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 16:30 -0600, Tom Haynes wrote:
> Is there a common kernel tree and/or package distro you guys use?
>
> I.e., would it make sense to preload this before Cthon (or have someone
> bring it) and have it available for all to share? We're supposed to have
> a lot more internet connectivity, but a wet straw is still a wet straw.
>
> We have disk space and could maybe solve this issue.

Bruce and I can probably work something out. There is plenty of free
space on my 500Gig usb drive, and I'm planning on bringing that along
anyway. I've heard of this cool protocol called NFS that is supposed to
allow you to share stuff on usb drives.

We could probably also make it available on the linux-nfs.org git trees
before we leave for Cthon, so that you have a chance to play around and
do all our work for us... :-)

Cheers
Trond