2010-04-29 08:44:48

by Benny Halevy

Subject: Fall 2010 Bakeathon

Sorin, regarding possible dates, if possible let's try to avoid a conflict
with the SNIA Storage Developer Conference 2010 that's scheduled for
September 20 - 23, 2010 in Santa Clara (http://www.snia.org/events/storage-developer2010/)

I suggest we schedule within one of two windows: Sept 7-19 or Sept 24-Oct 7.
The week before the SNIA conference (week of 9/13) or right after
(9/27) would work best as far as travelling goes.

Thanks!

Benny

On Apr. 28, 2010, 17:09 +0300, sfaibish <[email protected]> wrote:
> Boston it is. More details tomorrow.
>
> /Sorin
>
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:42:09 -0400, David P. Quigley
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> * On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 17:21 -0400, sfaibish wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> As I mentioned in the call today I want to ask for your preferences
>>> regarding the Fall Connectathon location. This year EMC will sponsor
>>> the Fall Connectathon at one of our sites: Boston or Paris, France.
>>> As the travel is still problematic to all our companies I would like
>>> to get your vote on either location. After the formal vote and decision
>>> I will decide the final dates. Thank you very much for your
>>> understanding
>>> and collaboration
>>>
>>> /Sorin
>>
>> I would prefer Boston as I don't believe that I would be able to get my
>> employer to buy into my going to Paris :)

by Tom Haynes

Subject: Re: Fall 2010 Bakeathon

On 04/29/10 03:44 AM, Benny Halevy wrote:
> Sorin, regarding possible dates, if possible let's try to avoid a conflict
> with the SNIA Storage Developer Conference 2010 that's scheduled for
> September 20 - 23, 2010 in Santa Clara (http://www.snia.org/events/storage-developer2010/)
>
> I suggest we schedule within one of two windows: Sept 7-19 or Sept 24-Oct 7.
> The week before the SNIA conference (week of 9/13) or right after
> (9/27) would work best as far as travelling goes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Benny

Benny,

How many people from outside the US will be going to both
SNIA and the BAT?

We haven't had this overlap hit us in the past and I would
prefer we not be so afraid of it now.

I also would prefer that we not meet in Sept and try to
keep the dates in October.

My reasoning on that is we want to keep a 4 month gap
between this event and both the prior and the cthon.
With just a 3 month gap from Ann Arbor, there may not
be much of anything significantly different.

And if there is not much new to test or if we don't find
new issues, then the different management chains might
start to question why we are spending so much travel
budget.

Tom

by Robert Gordon

On Apr 29, 2010, at 1:12 PM, Tom Haynes wrote:

> We haven't had this overlap hit us in the past and I would
> prefer we not be so afraid of it now.

That's because we were mindful and worked around it :-)

Robert.

by Benny Halevy

Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Fall 2010 Bakeathon

On Apr. 29, 2010, 21:12 +0300, Tom Haynes <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 04/29/10 03:44 AM, Benny Halevy wrote:
>> Sorin, regarding possible dates, if possible let's try to avoid a conflict
>> with the SNIA Storage Developer Conference 2010 that's scheduled for
>> September 20 - 23, 2010 in Santa Clara (http://www.snia.org/events/storage-developer2010/)
>>
>> I suggest we schedule within one of two windows: Sept 7-19 or Sept 24-Oct 7.
>> The week before the SNIA conference (week of 9/13) or right after
>> (9/27) would work best as far as travelling goes.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Benny
>>

> Benny,
>
> How many people from outside the US will be going to both
> SNIA and the BAT?

Two form Panasas

> We haven't had this overlap hit us in the past and I would
> prefer we not be so afraid of it now.
>
> I also would prefer that we not meet in Sept and try to
> keep the dates in October.
>
> My reasoning on that is we want to keep a 4 month gap
> between this event and both the prior and the cthon.
> With just a 3 month gap from Ann Arbor, there may not
> be much of anything significantly different.

Makes sense.

> And if there is not much new to test or if we don't find
> new issues, then the different management chains might
> start to question why we are spending so much travel
> budget.

Absolutely, and 4 months of development should provide us with
some substantial changes to (re)test.

Benny