2010-06-21 11:42:59

by DENIEL Philippe

Subject: RPCL source file for NFSv3 XATTR ?

Hi,

I just saw James's patches about XATTR support in NFSv3. I am really
interested in this : in nfs-ganesha, my userspace NFS server, I already
implemented XATTR as "fake directories" (in fact, if your have an fs
object, for example a file name "myfile", then you can cd in a fake
directory .xattr.d.myfile where each "fake files" is an extended
attribute. Set/Gey on xattr are made via calls to WRITE/READ on the fake
files (and you can create/delete them as well). The NFSv3 XATTR interest
because is seem to have connexions with the gexattr/setxattr/removexattr
API, which means connexion with 'attr' command line and so make xattr
through NFS much more transparent than what I did with my .xattr.d.*
fake directories.
I could quickly had the NFSv3 Xattr (with compatibility with James's
patches), I just have to implement the right additional NFSv3 functions.
In order to do this, I just need RPCL descriptions of the xattr
dedicated NFSv3 functions. Where could I find this ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Philippe

2010-06-22 07:14:28

by DENIEL Philippe

Subject: Re: RPCL source file for NFSv3 XATTR ?

James Morris a ?crit :
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, DENIEL Philippe wrote:
>

>> I could quickly had the NFSv3 Xattr (with compatibility with James's
>> patches), I just have to implement the right additional NFSv3 functions.
>> In order to do this, I just need RPCL descriptions of the xattr
>> dedicated NFSv3 functions. Where could I find this ?
>>

> There is no RPCL as yet -- it's on the todo list.

In fact, I just need RPCL file to compile it into the related C
structures and XDR functions. If you can provide me with such stuff (I
am doing user space development, I am not sure the stuff from the kernel
sources is actually useful to me), then I'll have enough material to
start adding the feature to my product.

Regards,

Philippe

2010-06-21 23:22:47