2010-06-25 07:51:36

by DENIEL Philippe

Subject: NFS4ERR_DELAY and OP4_PUTROOTFH

Hi,

in which situation would OP4_PUTROOTFH return NFS4ERR_DELAY ? I have
seen in rfc5661 that PUTROOTFH can return such an error, but I can't
figure out when this can occur.

Regards,

Philippe

2010-06-26 15:15:09

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: NFS4ERR_DELAY and OP4_PUTROOTFH

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:51:34AM +0200, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in which situation would OP4_PUTROOTFH return NFS4ERR_DELAY ? I have
> seen in rfc5661 that PUTROOTFH can return such an error, but I can't
> figure out when this can occur.

That depends entirely on the server implementation. In the case of the
Linux server, it depends on an upcall to a userland daemon to find the
root, and the userland daemon may be slow or unresponsive.

--b.