2010-09-15 07:48:03

by 宫勐

Subject: pNFS: trouble test with fscache

S:

I want to get benchmark from pNFS+ fscache with iozone

But iozone can't work well
/proc/fs/nfsfs/volumes show that the fsc is YES

I have open cachefiled and mount a ssd (ext3/user_xattr) on /var/fscache

When I use iozone to test read/re-read it can't write page to the SSD DISK

/var/log/messages show that first it can write 4 pages successfully

after NFS: nfs_getpages_from_fscache: no page: -105

Then it won't write any page to fscache

If i use( cp /mnt/file ./ ) The fscache works well

I confuse and have google many web page. change source code to latest
one But can't handle it.
I wish any help

Thanks

yours

GongMeng

2010-09-15 09:28:30

by Bian Naimeng

Subject: Re: pNFS: trouble test with fscache

> S:
>
> I want to get benchmark from pNFS+ fscache with iozone
>
> But iozone can't work well
> /proc/fs/nfsfs/volumes show that the fsc is YES
>
> I have open cachefiled and mount a ssd (ext3/user_xattr) on /var/fscache
>
> When I use iozone to test read/re-read it can't write page to the SSD DISK
>
> /var/log/messages show that first it can write 4 pages successfully
>
> after NFS: nfs_getpages_from_fscache: no page: -105

Please confirm whether do you have enough memory when get this error,
i guess iozone eats lot of memory.

And, maybe the information of /proc/fs/fscache/states is useful, please
puts it.

Bian Naimeng

2010-09-15 09:39:34

by 宫勐

Thank you

I have checked the memory ( 12G.) and sometimes memory is only 512M
(I set it in grub.conf)

fscache works well I have sent /proc/fs/fscache/states to David
(RedHat who write fscache)

ENOBUFS is just normal infor

But once fscache detect a ENOBUFS It can't alloc more buff Then
no more data can be write to disk

nfs_readpages_to_fscache __nfs_readpages_from_fscache may report ENOBUF

After that no buff will be alloc

Thank you for replaying this mail

yours
GongMeng