2011-07-04 15:39:52

by Mol, Xavier

Subject: git repo corrupted

Dear readers,

I'm sorry if I'm wrong sending this notice to this list. I'm afraid, the
last update of Benny Halevy for his project linux-pnfs.git (nfs41, pnfs)
somewhere went wrong:

$ git clone git://linux-nfs.org/~bhalevy/linux-pnfs.git
Cloning into linux-pnfs...
remote: fatal: Out of memory, realloc failed
remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

This error occurred on two separate machines.

Best regards,
Xavier Mol

****
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

B.Sc. Xavier Mol
GridKa Storage Support Manager and
Head of the D-Grid dCache competence centre

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
Building 441
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
Telefon: +49 721 608 23041
E-Mail: [email protected]
http://www.kit.edu
KIT ? University of the State of Baden-W?rttemberg and National Large-scale
Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
****

Attachments:
smime.p7s (3.18 kB)

2011-07-04 16:42:32

by Benny Halevy

Subject: Re: git repo corrupted

I'm not sure what went wrong earlier but cloning seems to be working
fine on my side right now so far (in "Receiving objects:" ...)

Can you please try again?

Thanks,

Benny

On 2011-07-04 18:11, Mol, Xavier wrote:
> Dear readers,
>=20
> I'm sorry if I'm wrong sending this notice to this list. I'm afraid, =
the
> last update of Benny Halevy for his project linux-pnfs.git (nfs41, pn=
fs)
> somewhere went wrong:
>=20
> $ git clone git://linux-nfs.org/~bhalevy/linux-pnfs.git
> Cloning into linux-pnfs...
> remote: fatal: Out of memory, realloc failed
> remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote =
side.
> fatal: early EOF
> fatal: index-pack failed
>=20
> This error occurred on two separate machines.
>=20
> Best regards,
> Xavier Mol
>=20
> ****
> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
> Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
>=20
> B.Sc. Xavier Mol
> GridKa Storage Support Manager and
> Head of the D-Grid dCache competence centre
>=20
> Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
> Building 441
> 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
> Telefon: +49 721 608 23041
> E-Mail: [email protected]
> http://www.kit.edu
> KIT =96 University of the State of Baden-W=FCrttemberg and National L=
arge-scale
> Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
> ****
>=20

2011-07-05 05:43:20

by Mol, Xavier

Now it's working for me, too.

Previously, I did not even reach the downloading phase, but the error
message appeared when counting the remote objects reached 2 millions. Well,
anyway, thanks for your response on this!

Ciao,
Xavier.

Halevy
> Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 6:42 PM
> To: Mol, Xavier
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: git repo corrupted
>
> I'm not sure what went wrong earlier but cloning seems to be working
> fine on my side right now so far (in "Receiving objects:" ...)
>
> Can you please try again?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Benny
>
> On 2011-07-04 18:11, Mol, Xavier wrote:
> > Dear readers,
> >
> > I'm sorry if I'm wrong sending this notice to this list. I'm afraid, the
> > last update of Benny Halevy for his project linux-pnfs.git (nfs41, pnfs)
> > somewhere went wrong:
> >
> > $ git clone git://linux-nfs.org/~bhalevy/linux-pnfs.git
> > Cloning into linux-pnfs...
> > remote: fatal: Out of memory, realloc failed
> > remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote
side.
> > fatal: early EOF
> > fatal: index-pack failed
> >
> > This error occurred on two separate machines.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Xavier Mol
> >
> > ****
> > Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
> > Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
> >
> > B.Sc. Xavier Mol
> > GridKa Storage Support Manager and
> > Head of the D-Grid dCache competence centre
> >
> > Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
> > Building 441
> > 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
> > Telefon: +49 721 608 23041
> > E-Mail: [email protected]
> > http://www.kit.edu
> > KIT ? University of the State of Baden-W?rttemberg and National
Large-scale
> > Research Center of the Helmholtz Association
> > ****

Attachments:
smime.p7s (3.18 kB)