2011-11-03 18:31:56

by Boaz Harrosh

Subject: Regarding the Fedora 15 nfs-utils--pnfs RPM

Hi Steve

On your pnfs site here:
http://steved.fedorapeople.org/repos/pnfs/15/x86_64/rpms/

You have this RPM:
nfs-utils-1.2.3-10.pnfs.fc15.x86_64.rpm

It was all well and on any live system we could just do:
yum localinstall nfs-utils-1.2.3-10.pnfs.fc15.x86_64.rpm
(Or even better put it on our Cobbler server)

But recently Fedora 15 updated to:
nfs-utils-1.2.4-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm

And the above localinstall no longer works (Version math)
The nfs-utils-1.2.4-1 needs to be removed and the nfs-utils-1.2.3-10.pnfs
installed, but on every update it wants to be replaced.

Could you please bump up the pnfs RPM version so it will be higher
then FC15's ?

On a side note. Can we put the pNFSD-server supporting bits in nfs-utils
even though the pNFSD-server is not yet in Kernel. Like parse the pnfs
option in /etc/exports but ignore if not supported by Kernel?
I mean what will we do in the future when a new nfs-utils boots with an old
Kernel? can we do the same now?

Thanks
Boaz