2013-01-25 16:01:16

by Chuck Lever

Subject: Connectathon 2013 talks

Hi-

I'm organizing the talks at this year's Connectathon event.

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+nfs/Connectathon13

If you are interested in presenting, please contact me with details before Monday, February 25 (but the sooner the better). Remember that the Connectathon test floor is covered by NDA, but the talks are open to the public.

For each talk, please provide:

o A title

o An abstract (a couple of sentences or so)

o Who exactly is going to present (with e-mail if possible)

o How long you think you need

o Whether you need more than just a projector

Thanks!

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

2013-02-21 21:00:30

by Chuck Lever

Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Connectathon 2013 talks

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:11 PM, Boaz Harrosh <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 01/25/2013 06:00 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> Hi-
>>
>> I'm organizing the talks at this year's Connectathon event.
>>
>> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+nfs/Connectathon13
>>
>> If you are interested in presenting, please contact me with details
>> before Monday, February 25 (but the sooner the better). Remember that
>> the Connectathon test floor is covered by NDA, but the talks are open
>> to the public.
>>

> Hi Chuck, as we said at the con-call here is my email

Captured. Should appear on the web site next time we update (a day or two?).

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

2013-02-21 19:12:10

by Boaz Harrosh

On 01/25/2013 06:00 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I'm organizing the talks at this year's Connectathon event.
>
> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+nfs/Connectathon13
>
> If you are interested in presenting, please contact me with details
> before Monday, February 25 (but the sooner the better). Remember that
> the Connectathon test floor is covered by NDA, but the talks are open
> to the public.

Hi Chuck, as we said at the con-call here is my email

> For each talk, please provide:
>
> o A title

title: How to solve the Linux-Client LAYOUT_COMMIT vs LAYOUT_GET deadlock

> o An abstract (a couple of sentences or so)

abstract:
* I will describe the current problem we have since Kernel 3.5.
* I will show how I fix it for now, though in a way that violates the STD
(It actually does works with all current pnfs servers I know of)
* I will introduce two possible solutions I can see, for this.

And would like people to:
1. See if there are more possible solutions
2. Choose (Trond) which way we would like to go, and I can start
coding for that.

> o Who exactly is going to present (with e-mail if possible)

presentor: Me

> o How long you think you need

I hope not more then 1 hour at most, or even less

> o Whether you need more than just a projector

No that will be just fine.

> Thanks!

Thanks in advance
Boaz