2014-01-15 08:35:38

by shaobingqing

Subject: What caused the rpc_rqst unable to be obtained in xs_tcp_read_callback?

In the function xs_tcp_read_callback, when the rpc_rqst are
unable to be obtained, the connection will be closed and the
system will give a KERN_WARNING "Callback slot table overflowed".
We know that although there is only one rpc_rqst is prealloced,
metadata server cannot send two or more callback requests to one
client at the same time, because there is only one slot on the
metadate server for the client.

Now, in my test, the KERN_WARNING "Callback slot table overflowed"
always occurs. So, I want to know that what caused the rpc_rqst
unable to be obtained. Maybe there are retransmissions in the systems.

Are there anybody can expain the reason for us?