2016-01-07 18:40:08

by Pierre FAUQUEMBERGUE

Subject: Re: Debian kernel:

Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@...> writes:

> PS:
>
> /sys/module/nfs/parameters/nfs4_unique_id returns just an
> empty string. I would have expected the hostname or a
> similar string here, according to Documentation/filesystems/\
> nfs/nfs.txt .
>
> I am absolutely sure that there are no duplicate host names in
> my net. The IP addresses are fixed, too. Nevertheless, to
> avoid problems I have changed my setup procedure to set
> nfs.nfs4_unique_id in grub, as suggested.
>
> I am still hoping for valuable feedback
>
> Regards
> Harri

Hi,

I have the same issue with several NFS servers. Cannot find any help.

How did you fixed it with grub ?
And did you go further and find a solution though ?

NFS server debian 8.2
NFS client debian 8.2

Any help would be appreciate.

Pierre

2016-01-12 12:32:58

by Harald Dunkel

Hi Pierre,

On 01/07/2016 07:34 PM, PIERRRE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the same issue with several NFS servers. Cannot find any help.
>
> How did you fixed it with grub ?

I set
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nfs.nfs4_unique_id=e2177c92-1fe6-48db-918b-ddefba900379"

in /etc/default/grub and rebuild the grub.cfg file.

The important point is that every NFS client and every root
partition get its own unique id. Be careful, especially if
you clone your hosts.

You can generate a new ID using uuidgen on the command line.

Hope this helps
Harri

2016-01-18 15:46:15

by Pierre FAUQUEMBERGUE

Hi Harri,

thank you for your time and the tips.

so, I will do that :

1. modify /etc/default/grub with :

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nfs.nfs4_unique_id=${GRUB_DEVICE_UUID}"

2. See the result :

grub-mkconfig | less -Sr

3. rebuild grub.cfg :

sudo update-grub

4. Reboot

I will let you know, if the error keep going to appear.

thanks.

Pierre