2021-01-14 01:56:46

by Steve Dickson

Subject: VBAT: The 1st Virtual Bakeaton

Hello,

Happy New Years!

Ben started the conversations about virtual bakeathon
and built a network we can use for a VBAT.

We were floated the idea of having it on the last week
of Feb (Mon 22ed to Fri 26th) which people seems to
agree with... so...

Lets have a virtual Bakeathon at the end of Feb!!!

I've update the nfsv4bat.org site [1] with
all the details on how to register and
enable a host to used the VBAT network.

The VBAT network consists of VPN connections
using IPv6 address to do the routing. Again
all the details are on [1].

Participant's communications will be run through a
Discord server [2], which supports both audio and IRC
capabilities... Meaning we can talk and type
to each other... Again the details are on [1].

This is the first attempt at a virtual event
so there are going to be bumps in the road,
but as a community I'm sure we can make this
work. Point being... if you find problems please
try to come up with a solutions... not a complaint ;-)

The official testing start end of Feb but
the network is up and running right now!

So I *strongly* suggest you try and build a
host to used the network well be for the
end of Feb... (aka ASAP!)

Finally, I'm working on getting VBAT t-shirts
for registered participants to order...
free of charge... So registering early would
definitely help the effort out

Let make this happen!!!

steved.

[1] http://www.nfsv4bat.org/Events/2021/Feb/BAT/index.html
[2] https://discord.com/

2021-02-16 19:22:04

by Steve Dickson

Subject: Fwd: [nfsv4] VBAT: The 1st Virtual Bakeaton

Hello,

The official start of the VBAT is next Monday
but the network is up and running and some problems
have already been found!

Please feel free to reach out to Me or Ben
for any help on get hooked up to the VBAT network!

All the details are at: http://www.nfsv4bat.org/Events/2021/Feb/BAT/index.html

Hope to (virtually) see you there!

steved.