2019-02-18 14:27:27

by gy Lee

Subject: echo rdma 20049 > /proc/fs/nfsd/portlist return Protocol not supported

hello!
I am trying to configure NFS/RDMA for our infiniband network, and
following the instructions at nfs-rdma.txt.
I installed the MLNX_OFED drivers on CentOS 7.5.
I tested infiniband network with tools like udaddy and
rdma_server/rdma_client and everything is fine.
But when I execute "echo rdma 20049 > /proc/fs/nfsd/portlist",
show "-bash: echo: write error: Protocol not supported".
I have searched a lot of information on Google and can't solve
this problem. I hope you can give me some help.
thank you very much!

My test:
the server:
[rooot@w29 ~]# udaddy
the client:
[rooot@w28 ~]# udaddy -s 192.168.145.29
udaddy: starting client
udaddy: connecting
initiating data transfers
receiving data transfers
data transfers complete
test complete
return status 0

and the rdma_server/rdma_client
the client:
[rooot@w28 ~]#rdma_client -s 192.168.145.29
rdma_client: start
rdma_client: end 0

2019-02-19 23:15:57

by Chandler

Mellanox did remove NFS RDMA support from their software a while ago, so
that is why you see the error. As far as I know, the only way to make
it work is to remove the MLNX_OFED software and use CentOS Infiniband
drivers. Although we did have system freezes in CentOS 6.9 with NFS
RDMA and so had to revert to the IPoIB interface. Hopefully you'll have
better luck with CentOS 7.