2010-07-01 23:49:41

by Sandeep Joshi

Subject: 4.1 client - LAYOUTCOMMIT

As per specification value of newoffset4_u.no_offset should be less than or equal to NFS4_MAXFILEOFF.
But, I observe it to be NFS4_MAXFILELEN.

regards,

Sandeep

2010-07-06 13:20:36

by Benny Halevy

Subject: Re: 4.1 client - LAYOUTCOMMIT

On Jul. 02, 2010, 2:47 +0300, "Sandeep Joshi" <[email protected]> wrote:

> As per specification value of newoffset4_u.no_offset should be less than or equal to NFS4_MAXFILEOFF.
> But, I observe it to be NFS4_MAXFILELEN.

No.
The last offset the client can access is NFS4_MAXFILEOFF.
Writing a single byte in NFS4_MAXFILEOFF will result in a file
with length NFS4_MAXFILELEN but the loca_last_write_offset
in this case is NFS4_MAXFILEOFF.

Benny