Subject: FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: NFS server question

Hi,

Is there a limit on the number of exports for an NFS server? Thanks.

Jeff Becker

On 7/2/21, 7:21 AM, "Chuck Lever III" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Jeff-

> On Jul 1, 2021, at 7:54 PM, Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
> I have an NFS server that currently has about 20 directories it’s exporting over NFSv4. I was wondering what the maximum number of exports is. Thanks.

I'm not aware of any intrinsic limit on the number of exports.
There is probably a per-export resource cost that acts as a
practical limit.

Might be a good idea to ask on [email protected].

--
Chuck Lever

2021-07-07 14:15:23

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: NFS server question

On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 03:11:11PM +0000, Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] wrote:
> Is there a limit on the number of exports for an NFS server? Thanks.

I don't have a better answer than Chuck's.

I can't think of any hard-coded limits, it's just a matter of resources.

You could try giving more specifics about your plan and see if anyone
has experience with a similar setup.

--b.