2012-12-05 08:37:28

by Benny Halevy

Subject: pnfs wiki pages

The pages under http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/PNFS_prototype_design
are terribly outdated.

I'd like to move the obsolete stuff under "Historical Contents",
leave what's current, and refresh some of the pages.

Any objections?

Benny

2012-12-05 19:02:24

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: pnfs wiki pages

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 10:37:24AM +0200, Benny Halevy wrote:
> The pages under http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/PNFS_prototype_design
> are terribly outdated.
>
> I'd like to move the obsolete stuff under "Historical Contents",
> leave what's current, and refresh some of the pages.
>
> Any objections?

Sounds great to me.

--b.

2012-12-05 21:30:48

by Andy Adamson

Go for it

-->Andy

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Benny Halevy <[email protected]> wrote:
> The pages under http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/PNFS_prototype_design
> are terribly outdated.
>
> I'd like to move the obsolete stuff under "Historical Contents",
> leave what's current, and refresh some of the pages.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Benny

by Benny Halevy

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Myklebust, Trond
<[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]

Good point.

> Documentation on the _final_ pNFS code design on the other hand will be very welcome (and, yes, I do include the server design as part of the "final" label).

I added http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/PNFS_Server_Filesystem_API_Design

We probably want to have something similar for the layout driver API,
as well as more detailed documentation under
Documentation/filesystems/nfs,
as well as some internal design topics like locking, memory
allocation, page operations etc.

Benny

>> Any objections?
>
> None whatsoever. By all means do please proceed...
>
> Thanks!
> Trond

2012-12-05 22:37:09

by Myklebust, Trond