2023-11-18 08:03:53

by Cedric Blancher

Subject: NFSv4-over-TLS, info?

Good morning!

Where can we get more information about NFSv4-over-TLS? How will it be
implemented? In libtirpc?

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <[email protected]>
[https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CedricBlancher/]

2023-11-18 12:11:49

by Jeffrey Layton

Subject: Re: NFSv4-over-TLS, info?

On Sat, 2023-11-18 at 09:02 +0100, Cedric Blancher wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> Where can we get more information about NFSv4-over-TLS? How will it be
> implemented? In libtirpc?

It's available today in several distros (Fedora, Debian, etc.). You'll
need the ktls-utils package. The only docs are currently the manpages,
AFAIK. I don't think anyone has written a HOWTO or anything yet, if
you're interested in writing one after setting it up.

Jeff Layton <[email protected]>

2023-11-18 13:23:15

by Anna Schumaker

[Resend because Gmail converted to an HTML message]

Hi Cedric,

On Sat, Nov 18, 2023 at 7:11 AM Jeff Layton <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2023-11-18 at 09:02 +0100, Cedric Blancher wrote:
> > Good morning!
> >
> > Where can we get more information about NFSv4-over-TLS? How will it be
> > implemented? In libtirpc?
> >

> It's available today in several distros (Fedora, Debian, etc.). You'll
> need the ktls-utils package. The only docs are currently the manpages,
> AFAIK. I don't think anyone has written a HOWTO or anything yet, if
> you're interested in writing one after setting it up.

I wrote up a HOWTO for ArchLinux a couple of months ago. I'm sure you
can use that as a starting point and adapt it to your environment:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NFS#TLS_encryption

Thanks,
Anna