2017-03-01 20:12:58

by Chris Wheeler

Subject: mount NFS 4.1 with session trunking

Hey,

I am trying to find some sort of documentation of how to mount a NFS
4.1 share using session trunking under Linux. All I can find is
information of how to do it under VMware ESXI, (in VMware, you simply
specify multiple IP addresses for your NAS).

The linux mount man page and nfs man page don't document how to
specify the IPs you want to use for session trunking, or how to enable
it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Chris

2017-03-01 22:08:02

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: mount NFS 4.1 with session trunking

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 03:03:30PM -0500, Chris Wheeler wrote:
> I am trying to find some sort of documentation of how to mount a NFS
> 4.1 share using session trunking under Linux. All I can find is
> information of how to do it under VMware ESXI, (in VMware, you simply
> specify multiple IP addresses for your NAS).
>
> The linux mount man page and nfs man page don't document how to
> specify the IPs you want to use for session trunking, or how to enable
> it.

I believe the interface is still under discussion, so any information
aobut your use case might potentially be useful.

--b.