2014-12-05 17:04:10

by Bill Baker

Subject: Announcing Connectathon 2015

Greetings,

Oracle will be hosting Connectathon 2015 the last
week in February (2/23 - 2/27) in the Agnews
auditorium on Oracle's Santa Clara Campus.

I've updated the http://www.connectathon.info
with the latest information, including (welcome)
changes to the registration fee structure.

Please contact our event coordinator,
[email protected], if you need
additional information or have special requirements.

Feel free to forward this on to other interested
parties.

Bill Baker - Oracle Solaris NFS development

2015-01-08 15:10:17

by Rob Thurlow

Subject: Connectathon 2015 talks

On 12/5/14 10:04 AM, Bill Baker wrote:

> Oracle will be hosting Connectathon 2015 the last
> week in February (2/23 - 2/27) in the Agnews
> auditorium on Oracle's Santa Clara Campus.

I?m organizing the Connectathon Talks for Connectathon 2015. It
will be great to see you at the show!

Unlike the testing floor, these talks are open to the public, and will
be held in the upstairs conference room in the Mellon Auditorium, as in
years past. The talks are held Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons during
Connectathon 2015. Appropriate topics are technical talks on areas that
are of broad interest to the NFS community.

If you are interested in presenting a talk, please send me:

o A presentation title
o A 2-4 sentence abstract of the presentation
o The name and e-mail addresses of all presenters. I will not share
these with anyone
o How long you need: typically 30 or 60 minutes

A VGA overhead projector is available.

In addition to presentations by individuals, we have space for ?birds of
a feather? sessions where we can hold group discussion on topics
relevant to our community. These sessions would be held during one or
more of the normal talk slots (Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon), and
would also be open to the public. Some initial ideas for BOF sessions
include:

o NFS Testing (a perennial favorite)
o NFS/Kerberos (especially ease of use)
o NFS/RDMA

Please give these a +1 and/or send other suggestions.

A schedule of talks and BOF sessions will be posted on the
http://www.connectathon.info web site as we get closer to the event.

Thanks,
Rob Thurlow

2015-01-14 23:36:03

by Marc Eshel

Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Connectathon 2015 talks

Hi Rob,

Last year I gave a presentation on the potential extension of the NFS
protocol with support for extended attributes. Since last year the
proposal evolved but there is some basic objection to the need of xattr in
the NFS protocol. I would like to review what we have so far and than have
a discussion on the need for xattr or not.