2012-12-19 18:56:17

by Dave Quigley

Subject: Labeled NFS Linux Prototype Meeting

Hello Everyone,

I will be meeting with several of the member of the team in
Singapore that is helping me with work on Labeled NFS. Because they are
13 hours ahead of East Coast time I will be meeting with them at 10pm On
Thursday EST(or is it EDT) which is 11am their time Friday. We normally
meet over skype. If anyone else is interesting in participating either
by listening in on what the steps are or want to know what our progress
is because they are implementing a secondary prototype you are welcome
to join. Skype should be able to support several users connecting in at
once. If it doesn't work out we will try to migrate over to a Google+
hangout instead since that can handle lots of users. I've never done one
of those so we'll see. An alternative is if one of the participants has
an adobe connect setup we could use that but for now we'll start with
skype and move to a more robust solution if necessary. Depending on what
we identify at this meeting and what people attend we may consider
making this an every other week meeting. As of right now the agenda is
listed below.

Agenda:

1. Discuss merge windows and which one we'd like to target.
2. Discuss current feedback from Bruce Fields.
3. Discuss current feedback from Trond Myklebust.
4. Discuss implementing remaining features from NFSv4.2 specification.
5. Discuss viability of future every other week meetings.

If anyone would like to participate and has other topics they would
like to discuss let me know. I'm going to try to get a hold of Rodel
tonight and use a google+ hangout for the meeting. If we decide it would
be better to use google+ I'll send out those details tonight. If you'd
like my skype details for the meeting email me privately and I'll send
you my skype name for the meeting.

Dave