2013-06-07 10:20:00

by Sven Geggus

Subject: Re: NFS4+KRB5 trouble in Kernel >3.8

Chuck Lever <[email protected]> wrote:

> Perhaps you could try enabling debugging first to see where the hang occurs.
>
> $ sudo rpcdebug -m nfs -s all
>
> then add "-vvv" on the rpc.gssd command line. Try your mount again, and look in /var/log/messages.

Client or server side or both?

As you have been talking about rpc.gssd I assume client side, right?

Sven

--
Software patents are the software project equivalent of land mines: Each
design decision carries a risk of stepping on a patent, which can destroy

2013-06-07 14:51:41

by Chuck Lever

On Jun 7, 2013, at 6:19 AM, Sven Geggus <[email protected]> wrote:

> Chuck Lever <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps you could try enabling debugging first to see where the hang occurs.
>>
>> $ sudo rpcdebug -m nfs -s all
>>
>> then add "-vvv" on the rpc.gssd command line. Try your mount again, and look in /var/log/messages.
>
> Client or server side or both?
>
> As you have been talking about rpc.gssd I assume client side, right?

Your complaint was about mount problems, so I assumed client side, and did not visit the link you provided.

>From memory, the server equivalent is "-vv" or "-vvv" on the rpc.svcgssd command line, and

$ sudo rpcdebug -m nfsd -s all

You might also enable debugging on mountd, see rpc.mountd(8).

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com