2013-06-26 12:46:21

by Sven Geggus

Subject: exporting one directory sec=krb5 and another sec=sys?

Hello,

I'm trying to do the following in /etc/exports:

/storage/home *(rw,sec=krb5:krb5i:krb5p,no_subtree_check)
/storage/data4hostx hostx(rw,sec=sys,no_subtree_check)

This does however not seem to work, I always seem to get "mount.nfs4:
Operation not permitted".

If I remove either line everything works fine
(of course in the spezified case only)

What am I doing wrong here?

Sven

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety (Benjamin Franklin)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web

2013-07-02 15:52:43

by J. Bruce Fields

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:46:18PM +0000, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do the following in /etc/exports:
>
> /storage/home *(rw,sec=krb5:krb5i:krb5p,no_subtree_check)
> /storage/data4hostx hostx(rw,sec=sys,no_subtree_check)
>
> This does however not seem to work, I always seem to get "mount.nfs4:
> Operation not permitted".
>
> If I remove either line everything works fine
> (of course in the spezified case only)
>
> What am I doing wrong here?

If those two directories are on the same filesystem (not recommended),
you probably need to turn on subtree_check to get that to work.

--b.