2010-07-14 21:29:53

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: Linux pNFS status meeting 07/15

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 02:20:05PM -0700, Marc Eshel wrote:
> Meeting on Thursday 07/15/10 at 9:30 AM pacific time (12:30 PM UMICH time)
>
> Marc.

by J. Bruce Fields

Notes:

Bruce:
- nothing to report (transitioning to new hardware, etc.)

Trond:
- did some fsync cleanup
- bugfixes to handling of ERR_DELAY on sequence operations.
- preparing for rpc changes required for migration.
(some discusison here of idempotency problems on
migration/reboot)

Benny:
- Included Trond's delay/sequence fix
(missed some additional discussion)

Andy:
- simplification of write_pagelist/read_pagelist prototypes
- making sure layouts removed on server reboot
- looking at layout commit/reclaim issues in preparation for
discussion at Maastricht.
- wants to rename some structures; will mail proposal to list.

Jim Rees:
- bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
quite yet.

Steved:
- Discussion of RHEL prospects. When will we have some pnfs
patches that are ready to review? Concensus seems to be
2.6.36 will be too early. Ricardo, Benny think 2.6.37
possible to finish up remaining work, squash changes into a
single cleaned-up patch series. Trond reminds that adequate
time is required before merge window for review, especially
for large change. Benny volunteering to do squashing.

--b.

2010-07-17 14:58:10

by Sorin Faibish

Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Linux pNFS status meeting 07/15

The Fall BAT webpage was updated with all the correct hotel reservation =20
forms:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/citi_bakeathon/15th_nfsv4_bakeatho=
n.html

Sorry for the delay.

/Sorin

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:26:02 -0400, sfaibish <[email protected]> wrote:

> Fall BAT update
> Hotel reservation is posted at:
> http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/NFSv4Bakeathon
>
> I will update the webpage later today at:
> http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/citi_bakeathon/15th_nfsv4_bakeat=
hon.html

> /Sorin
>

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:28:36 -0400, J. Bruce Fields =20
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Notes:
>>
>> Bruce:
>> - nothing to report (transitioning to new hardware, etc.)
>>
>> Trond:
>> - did some fsync cleanup
>> - bugfixes to handling of ERR_DELAY on sequence operations.
>> - preparing for rpc changes required for migration.
>> (some discusison here of idempotency problems on
>> migration/reboot)
>>
>> Benny:
>> - Included Trond's delay/sequence fix
>> (missed some additional discussion)
>>
>> Andy:
>> - simplification of write_pagelist/read_pagelist prototypes
>> - making sure layouts removed on server reboot
>> - looking at layout commit/reclaim issues in preparation for
>> discussion at Maastricht.
>> - wants to rename some structures; will mail proposal to list.
>>
>> Jim Rees:
>> - bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
>> quite yet.
>>
>> Steved:
>> - Discussion of RHEL prospects. When will we have some pnfs
>> patches that are ready to review? Concensus seems to be
>> 2.6.36 will be too early. Ricardo, Benny think 2.6.37
>> possible to finish up remaining work, squash changes into a
>> single cleaned-up patch series. Trond reminds that adequate
>> time is required before merge window for review, especially
>> for large change. Benny volunteering to do squashing.
>>
>> --b.
>> --
>> the body of a message to [email protected]

--=20
Best Regards
Sorin Faibish
Corporate Distinguished Engineer
Unified Storage Division

EMC=B2
where information lives

Phone: 508-435-1000 x 48545
Cellphone: 617-510-0422
Email : [email protected]

by Jim Rees

J. Bruce Fields wrote:

Jim Rees:
- bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
quite yet.

Actually that's not quite what I intended to say. The patches are ready to
go and have passed cthon tests against both EMC and spnfs servers. I would
have sent them already but I'm conservative and rebasing to the
pnfs-all-latest branch, which changed yesterday. Look for the patches
within the next hour or two.

2010-07-15 20:26:17

by Sorin Faibish

=46all BAT update
Hotel reservation is posted at:
http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/NFSv4Bakeathon

I will update the webpage later today at:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/citi_bakeathon/15th_nfsv4_bake=
athon.html

/Sorin

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:28:36 -0400, J. Bruce Fields <[email protected]=
rg> =20
wrote:

> Notes:
>
> Bruce:
> - nothing to report (transitioning to new hardware, etc.)
>
> Trond:
> - did some fsync cleanup
> - bugfixes to handling of ERR_DELAY on sequence operations.
> - preparing for rpc changes required for migration.
> (some discusison here of idempotency problems on
> migration/reboot)
>
> Benny:
> - Included Trond's delay/sequence fix
> (missed some additional discussion)
>
> Andy:
> - simplification of write_pagelist/read_pagelist prototypes
> - making sure layouts removed on server reboot
> - looking at layout commit/reclaim issues in preparation for
> discussion at Maastricht.
> - wants to rename some structures; will mail proposal to list.
>
> Jim Rees:
> - bugfixing complex-volume patches; not ready to submit to Benny
> quite yet.
>
> Steved:
> - Discussion of RHEL prospects. When will we have some pnfs
> patches that are ready to review? Concensus seems to be
> 2.6.36 will be too early. Ricardo, Benny think 2.6.37
> possible to finish up remaining work, squash changes into a
> single cleaned-up patch series. Trond reminds that adequate
> time is required before merge window for review, especially
> for large change. Benny volunteering to do squashing.
>
> --b.
in

--=20
Best Regards