2006-01-06 05:59:31

by pdjj14

Subject: [Bluez-devel] linux 2.4.20 & alsa 0.9.6

Hi~
Thank you for your kindness. ^^
I want to listen the music which be played at PC as BT headset.
My environment is Redhat 9.0 + kernel 2.4.20-8 + bluez-utils-2.10 + bluez-
libs-2.10 + bluez-hcidump-1.10 + alsa-dirver-0.9.6 + alsa-lib-0.9.6 +
bluezsco-0.1.

I want to play the music with alsa.
When I installed the alsa, I referenced web page
(http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jp/snd-bluez-sco/README)
But, when I type 'bluezsco', I see the error message.
[root@wooki bluezsco-0.1]# ./bluezsco
Error: control open (hw:0): No such file or directory
Error: Can't find device. Bail
Device hci0 is enable state.
I always work as root.
Necessary modules(rfcomm, sco, l2cap...) already loaded.
I want to know if I miss somethings.
I want to know method to succeed.

Another question is about hciconfig.
When I type hciconfig -a, I see the message.
[root@wooki alsa-lib-0.9.6]# hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0B:24:01:23:B3 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:3547 acl:49 sco:0 events:173 errors:0
TX bytes:2141 acl:101 sco:0 commands:46 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
Class: 0x000100
Service Classes: Unspecified
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x33c LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver:
0x33c
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10) When I type hciconfig
hci0 revision, I see the message.
[root@wooki sco]# hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0B:24:01:23:B3 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
HCI 16.14
Max key size: 16 bit
The other's result different from mine.
I want to see more informations as 'Chip version', 'SCO mapping'.
My dongle is based on 'Cambridge Silicon Radio'.
What do I do more to see more informations?

I can't change my environment as kernel version up.
Because, at final, I will load the program to the target board.
The target board's environment already be promised by co-workers.

Thank you...I will wait for your response. ^^

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] linux 2.4.20 & alsa 0.9.6

pdjj14

I understand there are a lot of embedded platforms that are still on
kernel 2.4. You may be able to get audio working with 2.4.x using old
versions of everything, but you aren't likely to get help on the mailing
lists for doing that. Good luck.

Brad

> Thank you Brad...
> I have a question...
> To communication between PC and Headset using the bluez, I don't work in
> my environment?
> I can change bluez-utils' version, but, I can't change kernel version.
> Are there other methods?

by pdjj14