2006-08-14 15:08:26

by Mayank BATRA

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Phonebook Access Profile (Server)

Hi Marcel and all,

I've been working on the Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP) Server for quite some time now.
I've come up with an implementation which does the following:

(i) Store SDP Record for PBAP Server.
(ii) Receive Connections on OBEX.
(iii) Implements the mandatory SetPhoneBook Function (Using OBEX SetPath)
(iv) Implements the mandatory PullPhoneBook Function (Using OBEX Get)
(v) Implements the mandatory PullvCardListing Function (Using OBEX Get)
(vi) Implements the mandatory PullvCardEntry Function (Using OBEX Get)

For building the vCard Listing XML Object, I've written a Tcl script, which takes the necessary information from the user, builds the vCard File (.vcf) and simultaneously updates the vCardListing Object.

Now, my question is that since this application links with libopenobex.a, can it be included in the bluez-utils? Because, I've not seen any application in bluez-utils that links with libopenobex.a.

Any suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
Mayank

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Phonebook Access Profile (Server)

Hi Mayank,

> I've been working on the Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP) Server for quite some time now.
> I've come up with an implementation which does the following:
>
> (i) Store SDP Record for PBAP Server.
> (ii) Receive Connections on OBEX.
> (iii) Implements the mandatory SetPhoneBook Function (Using OBEX SetPath)
> (iv) Implements the mandatory PullPhoneBook Function (Using OBEX Get)
> (v) Implements the mandatory PullvCardListing Function (Using OBEX Get)
> (vi) Implements the mandatory PullvCardEntry Function (Using OBEX Get)
>
> For building the vCard Listing XML Object, I've written a Tcl script, which takes the necessary information from the user, builds the vCard File (.vcf) and simultaneously updates the vCardListing Object.
>
> Now, my question is that since this application links with libopenobex.a, can it be included in the bluez-utils? Because, I've not seen any application in bluez-utils that links with libopenobex.a.

no problem to link with OpenOBEX. Works perfectly fine. The configure
script already checks for the presence of OpenOBEX.

Regards

Marcel