2005-01-25 14:37:11

by Khoo Teck Ping

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Question about dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0

Hi Marcel

Thank you for your help. I have a few more related questions:

1. I issue the following commands with a Sony Ericsson
T630(a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6) nearby
# rfcomm bind rfcomm0 a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6
# rfcomm connect rfcomm0 a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6

The T630 asked for a pin. I have previously editted the pin file in
/etc/bluetooth/pin to be 0000. I entered 0000 into the T630 and it rejected
it with error passkey mismatch. May I know how to resolve this?

However, when I issued the following command
# hcitool cc a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6
The connection proceeded successfully immediately, without the phone asking
for a pin.

May I know the difference between the two cases?

2. I desire to use AT commands on my Fedora, via cu (call up). May I know
how I can get cu installed? Can minicom be used for similar purpose?

Thank You.
Teck Ping