2006-04-10 18:51:42

by Sir Graham (Terra)

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Selection of Local module....

Hi,

Thanks for you answer....

This works when you make a server conexion.... but... When you create a client function works also the bind function?

you see the function attachment to my first message. If I put a bind call in this function (client connect funcion) can i select the local bluetooth device?

Regards,
Sir Graham.

----- Original Message -----
From: Albert Huang
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 7:37 PM

bind() to the address and channel of the local adapter you want to use before the call to connect()

-albert

On 4/10/06, Sir Graham (Terra) < [email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

I need to use two bluetooth devices in the same computer with BlueZ.

How can I select (with socket) the device local that I like make a conexion?

If I make a simple conexion... Can I select what of my local modules (HCI0 or HCI1) makes this conexion?

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <bluetooth/bluetooth.h>
#include <bluetooth/rfcomm.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
struct sockaddr_rc addr = { 0 };
int s, status;
char dest[18] = "01:23:45:67:89:AB";

// allocate a socket
s = socket(AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM);

// set the connection parameters (who to connect to)
addr.rc_family = AF_BLUETOOTH;
addr.rc_channel = (uint8_t) 1;
str2ba( dest, &addr.rc_bdaddr );

// connect to server
status = connect(s, (struct sockaddr *)&addr, sizeof(addr));

// send a message
if( status == 0 ) {
status = write(s, "hello!", 6);
}

if( status < 0 ) perror("uh oh");

close(s);
return 0;
}

Can I select what of my local modules (HCI0 or HCI1) makes this conexion?

Where can I select (in the example) what local module use? ??????

Regards,
Sir Graham.

2006-04-11 19:29:06

by Albert Huang

Hi Sir Graham,

This works when you make a server conexion.... but... When you create
aclient function works also the bind function?

Feel free to try it out before you believe me.

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
(No filename) (200.00 B)