2006-03-11 09:31:24

by Sir Graham (Terra)

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Problem With the Inquiry and RFCOMM conexions

Hi,

I have a problem with make a Inquiry and RFCOMM conexions at the same time and don?t understand why.....(with BlueZ).

Is It possible in the same module of bluetooth make a inquiry (independ thread) and RFCOMM conexions (4 o 5 conexions in independ threads)
at the same time?

If I use diferent handles for this the call HCI to the module ... Is it independient?

Have somebody any experience in this sense?

Regards,
Sir Graham.

2006-03-17 12:56:00

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I have a problem with make a Inquiry and RFCOMM conexions at the same
> time and don=C2=B4t understand why.....(with BlueZ).
> =20
> Is It possible in the same module of bluetooth make a inquiry
> (independ thread) and RFCOMM conexions (4 o 5 conexions in independ
> threads) =20
> at the same time?
> =20
> If I use diferent handles for this the call HCI to the module ...
> Is it independient?=20

you can use as many handles as you like, but the underlaying HCI device
is still the same. It doesn't allow inquiries while you are connecting
to another device. However newer chips allow to run an inquiry while you
are connected (still not while connecting).

Regards

Marcel