2006-11-04 13:50:34

by Kelvin Xu

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Bluetooth-Alsa: Emulate headset on the PC

Hi,

Has there been any development to use the computer as a bluetooth headset
using SCO in which calls from a handphone could be received on the computer
and played out on the PC's speakers. Something similar to the a2recv
application developed which runs on the A2DP.

Thanks

Kelvin

Get MSN Messenger emoticons and display pictures here!
http://ilovemessenger.msn.com/?mkt=en-sg

by David Woodhouse

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 16:39 -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> > Has there been any development to use the computer as a bluetooth headset
> > using SCO in which calls from a handphone could be received on the computer
> > and played out on the PC's speakers. Something similar to the a2recv
> > application developed which runs on the A2DP.
>
> I hear that the asterisk folks have written a plugin of sorts to do that.

OpenPBX (http://www.openpbx.org) has a chan_bluetooth channel driver module
which does this. I use it a lot for making VoIP (and ISDN-terminated)
calls from a Bluetooth headset, but it does also have support for HS
mode where it talks to a phone. It ought to work for routing a call from
an AG to the computer's speaker/mic (since OpenPBX also has an 'ALSA'
channel driver which does that).

Seems like a little bit of overkill to use OpenPBX for that, but it
ought to work.

There are OpenPBX packages in Fedora Extras.

--
dwmw2

by Mayank BATRA

Kelvin,

Read this webpage:
http://www.soft.uni-linz.ac.at/_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=ProjectBluezHandsfr
ee

Best Regards,

Mayank

Kelvin Xu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply.
> Who you meant by the asterisk folks ?
>
> Kelvin
>

> >From: Brad Midgley <[email protected]>
> >To: BlueZ development <[email protected]>
> >Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Bluetooth-Alsa: Emulate headset on the PC
> >Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 16:39:30 -0700
> >
> >Kelvin
> >
> > > Has there been any development to use the computer as a bluetooth
> >headset
> > > using SCO in which calls from a handphone could be
> received on the
> >computer
> > > and played out on the PC's speakers. Something similar to
> the a2recv
> > > application developed which runs on the A2DP.
> >
> >I hear that the asterisk folks have written a plugin of
> sorts to do that.
> >
> >Brad

> ------------
> >Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web
> services, security?
> >Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to
> make your job
> >easier
> >Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on
> Apache Geronimo
> >http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057
> &dat=121642

> Get an advanced look at the new version of MSN Messenger.
> http://messenger.msn.com.sg/Beta/Default.aspx

> -----------
> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web
> services, security?
> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make
> your job easier
> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on
> Apache Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&
dat=121642

by Brad Midgley