2006-02-23 03:27:51

by Al

Subject: [Bluez-devel] ISSC USB dongle with PAN

Hi,

I am trying NAP using an ISSC USB dongle. On the PANU side I use
CRS chip with IVT software on Windows XP.

The bnep0 connection can be established. Ping with size 900 works. But
Ping with size 1000 doesn't work. CSR dongle works fine with same bluez software.

I have searched for the list and found othershave similiar problems.In addition to set
MTU to 1000(ifconfig bnep0 mtu 1000), a ny other solutions to this problems?
Does MTU solution must be done on both sides (NAP and PANU)?

thanks for the helps,

Al

2006-02-23 10:43:57

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] ISSC USB dongle with PAN

Hi Al,

> I am trying NAP using an ISSC USB dongle. On the PANU side I use
> CRS chip with IVT software on Windows XP.
>
> The bnep0 connection can be established. Ping with size 900
> works. But
> Ping with size 1000 doesn't work. CSR dongle works fine with same
> bluez software.
>
> I have searched for the list and found othershave similiar problems.In
> addition to set
> MTU to 1000(ifconfig bnep0 mtu 1000), a ny other solutions to this
> problems?
> Does MTU solution must be done on both sides (NAP and PANU)?

according to your email address, you work for ISSC. So you might wanna
ask some of your colleges why we can't send big packets with the ISSC
chip. I haven't found any bug in the BlueZ HCI layer, but if the data
packet is too big then your HCI goes spooky. From my understanding it is
a bug in your chip (most likely the HCI part of your firmware).

Regards

Marcel