2008-10-29 11:02:29

by Christian Hoene

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Common file "sbc.c" in Ekiga/Opal and Bluez

Hello,

I just want to hint to the fact that the file in "sbc.c" containing the
Bluetooth audio codec appears twice in the repository of Ekiga/Opal =

> svn co https://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/opal/trunk
opal/plugins/audio/SBC/sbc.c
and as file "bluez/sbc/sbc.c" in
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git.

Maybe, somebody has an idea to keep both versions in sync if one is
changing? Or is it not necessary?

Best regards,

Christian

Dr.-Ing. Christian Hoene
Computer Networks and Internet, University of T=FCbingen
Sand 13, 72076 T=FCbingen, Germany, Phone +49 7071 2970532
http://net.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~hoene

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Craig,

>>> Actually, it is the SBC codec plugin for Opal that is loaded
>>> dynamically.
>>> Does this make things better or worse?
>>
>> that should be fine, but you need to put LGPL on the parts you wrote
>> to include the SBC routines and make them work.
>
> Is there a library that contains the SBC functions that we can link
> against ?

not at the moment. We might do this at some point, but first we have
to make sure we are not touching the API anymore.

Regards

Marcel

by Craig Southeren

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Christian,
> =

>>> can we first talk about you statically linking MPL and LGPL code
>>> together. This doesn't look like a good idea to me.
>> Actually, it is the SBC codec plugin for Opal that is loaded =

>> dynamically.
>> Does this make things better or worse?
> =

> that should be fine, but you need to put LGPL on the parts you wrote =

> to include the SBC routines and make them work.

Is there a library that contains the SBC functions that we can link =

against ?

Craig
-- =

Craig Southeren Post Increment =96 VoIP Consulting and Software
[email protected] http://www.postincrement.com.au

Phone: +61 243654666 ICQ: #86852844
Fax: +61 243656905 MSN: [email protected]
Mobile: +61 417231046 Jabber: [email protected]

"Science is the poetry of reality." Richard Dawkins

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Christian,

>> can we first talk about you statically linking MPL and LGPL code
>> together. This doesn't look like a good idea to me.
>
> Actually, it is the SBC codec plugin for Opal that is loaded
> dynamically.
> Does this make things better or worse?

that should be fine, but you need to put LGPL on the parts you wrote
to include the SBC routines and make them work.

Regards

Marcel

by Christian Hoene

> can we first talk about you statically linking MPL and LGPL code
> together. This doesn't look like a good idea to me.

Actually, it is the SBC codec plugin for Opal that is loaded dynamically.
Does this make things better or worse?

Regards,
Christian

> Regards