2005-08-17 09:04:49

by Roberto

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SBC Fixed Point for A2Dp

Dear All,

I have read some transcoding to SBC fixed point somewhere , do you know where become available ? We are working on a mobile version of A2DP with headphones for Symbian and we would like to port this part of code to mobile and deliver the library under LGPL

2005-08-17 15:03:25

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SBC Fixed Point for A2Dp

Roberto

> I have read some transcoding to SBC fixed point somewhere , do you know
> where become available ? We are working on a mobile version of A2DP with
> headphones for Symbian and we would like to port this part of code
> to mobile and deliver the library under LGPL

I hope you are able to help us with this. We currently have no
implementation. Victor Shcherbatyuk has been tinkering with fixed point
but was getting noisy audio last I heard and has not contributed
anything yet.

If you look in sbc/sbc.h, you'll see some fixed point functions like
fxmult and conversion functions. Currently, the precision is set to 20
bits. This is probably not enough, but after you change it to get more
precision, the fixed point tables in sbc_tables_f.h need to be
regenerated; build gen_fixed.c by hand and run

./gen_fixed > sbc_tables_f.h

to do that.

Can I help in any other way?

thanks!