2008-03-25 13:50:25

by David Stockwell

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Minimum Version of GStreamer for bluez-utils-3.29?

bluez-utils-3.29 does not compile: failing in compilation of gstrtpsbcpay.c,
@201: implicit declaration of gst_adapter_copy, and
@208: 'GstBaseRtpPayloadClass' has no member named 'handle_event'

It appears GStreamer is only up to 0.10.9 or thereabouts. What is the minimum/expected version of GStreamer 0.10 for bluez-utils-3.29? According to the GStreamer site, the current version is 0.10.18, as of just a few days ago.

Another question: I do not intend to use streaming audio in this application, and I have to ask why all of this is bundled into the audio module at this fairly deep layer? Seems to be a bit too bundled, leading to too many dependencies, unless everybody is intent on developing headset applications.

DS

Attachments:
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by thiagoss

It was developed using version 0.10.17, but I guess that from
0.10.14everything would work.

Thiago