2002-12-07 05:04:10

by Maksim Yevmenkin

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Patch for bluez-hcidump-1.5

Dear BlueZ-Developers,

please find attached patch for the bluez-hcidump-1.5 package.
here is the quick summary of the changes

1) __uXXX types replaced with uXXX_t
2) minor fix for l2cap parser
3) minor fix for hcidump.1 man page
4) get_unaligned stuff fix

Note: after applying the patch you still need to move
hcidump.8 to hcidump.1

i also re-arranged #include lines .c files and removed #include
lines from the headers. this way it much easier to port, because
it is clear which headers are used and what needs to be ported.
i would appreciate if any new code in BlueZ will follow this
simple rules.

please review and if there are no objections commit.

thanks,
max

Attachments:
bluez-hcidump-1.5.diff.gz (8.85 kB)
bluez-hcidump-1.5.diff.gz

2002-12-07 16:01:22

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Patch for bluez-hcidump-1.5

Hi Maksim,

> please find attached patch for the bluez-hcidump-1.5 package.
> here is the quick summary of the changes
>
> 1) __uXXX types replaced with uXXX_t
> 2) minor fix for l2cap parser
> 3) minor fix for hcidump.1 man page
> 4) get_unaligned stuff fix
>
> Note: after applying the patch you still need to move
> hcidump.8 to hcidump.1
>
> i also re-arranged #include lines .c files and removed #include
> lines from the headers. this way it much easier to port, because
> it is clear which headers are used and what needs to be ported.
> i would appreciate if any new code in BlueZ will follow this
> simple rules.
>
> please review and if there are no objections commit.

please don't put all your changes in one big patch. Such big things are
hard to review. I have removed your changes to the man page and attached
the resulting diff to this email. People with non Intel architectures
please test it. BTW the best command for making diffs is "diff -urN".

What do mean with 2. Maybe I have missed it, but I don't see any fixes
to the L2CAP parser.

The man page belongs to section 8 like all other *dump programs do. See
for example irdadump, tcpdump, pppdump etc. I will look at the man page
code today. What did you have used as reference? I ask because we should
keep the same syntax for all of our man pages. Is there a "best way to
write a man page"?

I left the re-arrange of the #include lines in the patch. I don't see
why this makes it easier, but I have no big experiences on porting stuff
to other OS. Can you give us (or maybe only me) some explanations why
this is good to have.

Regards

Marcel

Attachments: