2003-12-23 00:26:05

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Bluetooth kernel patch for 2.6.0

Hi Folks,

the first Bluetooth kernel patch for 2.6.0 is now available [1] and it
contains a bunch of updates to sync up with the Bluetooth subsystem of
the Linux 2.6 series. Here is the changelog:

o Add missing maintainer entries for the Bluetooth subsystem
o Add CAPI message transport protocol support
o Update the Kconfig entry for the BlueFRITZ! USB driver
o Add module aliases for the Bluetooth protocols
o Correct the module alias for the network family
o Support for AVM BlueFRITZ! USB
o Remove USB zero packet option
o Support inquiry results with RSSI
o Update HCI security filter
o Add support for an old ALPS module
o Add support for the Digianswer USB devices
o Always use two ISOC URB's
o Disable credit based flow control by default

Regards

Marcel

[1] http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/patch-2.6.0-mh1.gz

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Bluetooth kernel patch for 2.6.0

Hi Olivier,

> > [1] http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/patch-2.6.0-mh2.gz
>
> Maybe you could add a link to it in your main kernel page
> (http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/)
>
> So, it will be more easy to find it.

at the moment I am not quite sure about the future of the mh patches. I
have to think about how to continue and of course the website need to be
cleaned up.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Edd,

> I find that with this patch and the latest utils/libs that hcitool
> behaves oddly right after a reboot. hcitool scan or inq return straight
> away without any results.
>
> If I fiddle around a bit with other programs that create bluetooth
> connections I find that hcitool works as expected again.

this is correct. I haven't found the real problem right now, but I think
that the inquiry cache is valid after loading the modules and this is
wrong. If you run an inquiry with --flush it will work after boot or you
simply have to wait some time.

Regards

Marcel

by Edd Dumbill

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 10:58, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> the second Bluetooth kernel patch for 2.6.0 is now available

I find that with this patch and the latest utils/libs that hcitool
behaves oddly right after a reboot. hcitool scan or inq return straight
away without any results.

If I fiddle around a bit with other programs that create bluetooth
connections I find that hcitool works as expected again.

-- Edd

by Olivier Bornet

Hi Marcel,

> [1] http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/patch-2.6.0-mh2.gz

Maybe you could add a link to it in your main kernel page
(http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/)

So, it will be more easy to find it.

Thanks for it, and good day.

Olivier