2004-01-20 13:35:32

by Anthony Yulo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] rfcomm error message?

hi!!! :)

i tried using the rfcomm program to test for connections between cellphone and linux pc...

anton@maverick home]rfcomm -i hci0 listen 2
Waiting for connection on channel 1

..when i try to connect the smartphone the program returns and outputs the error message:

"can't create RFCOMM TTY: Operation not supported"

whats wrong with this? do i have to set some configuration files?

2004-01-20 13:49:25

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] rfcomm error message?

Hi Anthony,

first, can you please send text only emails. There is no reason to send
HTML emails to a mailing list and I tend to delete emails with a blue
background without reading them. Thanks.

> i tried using the rfcomm program to test for connections between
> cellphone and linux pc...
>
> anton@maverick home]rfcomm -i hci0 listen 2
> Waiting for connection on channel 1
>
> ...when i try to connect the smartphone the program returns and
> outputs the error message:
>
> "can't create RFCOMM TTY: Operation not supported"
>
> whats wrong with this? do i have to set some configuration files?

your kernel is compiled without RFCOMM TTY support. Set the kernel
option CONFIG_BLUEZ_RFCOMM_TTY.

Regards

Marcel