2004-01-24 10:52:25

by Fredrik Noring

Subject: [Bluez-devel] PAN data corruption

Hi

I've been testing a Bluez PAN configuration for about a week and it
works pretty good except for a data corruption problem:

- Using scp, copying more than a few megabytes often gives
"Corrupted MAC on input".

- Using netcat, copying a 53244356 byte source file results
in a 53243904 byte destination file. It stops 452 bytes short
of a complete file.

I've tested this with both MSI6967 and BCM2003 devices. One box runs
Fedora Core 1 and the other is patched with patch-2.4.18-mh10.

I've disabled SCO, BNEP multicast filter, USB zero packet, BNEP
protocol filter and most other unneeded Bluez modules. Enabling
some combination of those trigs random "ACL tx timeout" crashes
and more problems.

Any ideas about the data corrpution?

Thanks,
Fredrik

by Fredrik Noring

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] PAN data corruption

> - Using scp, copying more than a few megabytes often gives
> "Corrupted MAC on input".
>
> - Using netcat, copying a 53244356 byte source file results
> in a 53243904 byte destination file. It stops 452 bytes short
> of a complete file.

Aborting netcat gives a complete file (with a correct md5sum) so it
didn't trig a problem. The scp error remains.

Fredrik