2004-02-03 16:52:56

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Device specific configuration

Hi Folks,

this is the patch for the device specific configuration of hcid, that I
am going to apply. Comments?

Regards

Marcel

Attachments:
patch (10.01 kB)

2004-02-03 18:47:58

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Device specific configuration

Hi Fredrik,

> Here's a new draft for the hcid.1 man page. It includes a description of
> hcid.conf. I propose a few modifications, detailed in the the draft, all
> possible to make backwards compatible:
>
> 1. Device and security settings in the "options" section becomes
> deprecated and an alias in favour of "device default". These
> parameters are default unless specified in the "device", "device
> <hci>" and "device <bdaddr>" sections.
>
> 2. "enable" and "disable" becomes deprecated and aliases for
> "yes" and "no" respectively.

please don't include stuff that I haven't yet applied. The device
specific configuration will be applied, but I haven't decided on
anything else. BTW did my patch work fine for you?

What patch brings in "device default {..."? We don't need it, because we
can use "device {..." for it.

Name the tool "Bluetooth HCI daemon", because interface is to generic.

The mailing list is still "[email protected]" and I don't tend to
change it, because the spam stuff of SF is doing a good job.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fredrik,

> > BTW did my patch work fine for you?
>
> Yes, I suppose you mainly changed indentation.

I also changed some other stuff, because I found it too complex. I need
some reports that this patch is working fine and not breaking the normal
expected behaviour.

> > What patch brings in "device default {..."? We don't need it, because we
> > can use "device {..." for it.
>
> It wasn't the same thing. "device { ... }" is the fallback device.
> "device default { ... }" was intended to set default parameters for all
> other device sections unless specified explicitly in those. But we can
> make that the same thing of course.

We need only one of them which is default and the <hciX> or <bdaddr> can
extend these default settings. Everything else is overload.

Regards

Marcel

by Fredrik Noring

Marcel,

tis 2004-02-03 klockan 19.47 skrev Marcel Holtmann:
> please don't include stuff that I haven't yet applied. The device
> specific configuration will be applied, but I haven't decided on
> anything else.

The draft was indended for the development version. Btw., I've made
my patches available at: http://noring.nocrew.org/bluetooth/

> BTW did my patch work fine for you?

Yes, I suppose you mainly changed indentation.

> What patch brings in "device default {..."? We don't need it, because we
> can use "device {..." for it.

It wasn't the same thing. "device { ... }" is the fallback device.
"device default { ... }" was intended to set default parameters for all
other device sections unless specified explicitly in those. But we can
make that the same thing of course.

> The mailing list is still "[email protected]" and I don't tend to
> change it, because the spam stuff of SF is doing a good job.

Sorry, that was a spelling mistake.

Fredrik

2004-02-03 17:35:11

by Fredrik Noring

Marcel,

tis 2004-02-03 klockan 17.52 skrev Marcel Holtmann:
> this is the patch for the device specific configuration of hcid, that I
> am going to apply. Comments?

Here's a new draft for the hcid.1 man page. It includes a description of
hcid.conf. I propose a few modifications, detailed in the the draft, all
possible to make backwards compatible:

1. Device and security settings in the "options" section becomes
deprecated and an alias in favour of "device default". These
parameters are default unless specified in the "device", "device
<hci>" and "device <bdaddr>" sections.

2. "enable" and "disable" becomes deprecated and aliases for
"yes" and "no" respectively.

Fredrik

Attachments:
hcid.1 (4.22 kB)