2004-03-28 07:50:19

by Keith Pemberton

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Development IDE sugguestion?

I am trying to get started with developing kernel drivers, but I need
some initial assistance. I was looking for a good IDE that I can use
with good code completion capabilities. Anyone got any suggestions?
What are you guys using for developing the Bluez stack? I have tried
Kdevelop and Anjuta but I can seem to get started with new projects
under these. The initial configure scripts always fail and when ever I
add a new include directive I get a bunch of error/warning messages. I
know that I have so much to learn about this new world, but I would
appreciate your help and advice in getting started. Thanks in advance!

Keith

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Development IDE sugguestion?

Hi Keith,

> I am trying to get started with developing kernel drivers, but I need
> some initial assistance. I was looking for a good IDE that I can use
> with good code completion capabilities. Anyone got any suggestions?
> What are you guys using for developing the Bluez stack? I have tried
> Kdevelop and Anjuta but I can seem to get started with new projects
> under these. The initial configure scripts always fail and when ever I
> add a new include directive I get a bunch of error/warning messages. I
> know that I have so much to learn about this new world, but I would
> appreciate your help and advice in getting started. Thanks in advance!

I am using anjuta as editor, but I am writing the autoconf/automake
files by myself.

Regards

Marcel