2004-03-28 23:26:51

by Dariusz Swiderski

Subject: [Bluez-devel] cvs software issues

hey

i just did a cvs co of libs libs2 utils utils2 on a clean system
and i have faced following problems:

libs2 subdir is missinf the ltmain.sh script which is required by the
bootstrap script

next thing, making libs and libs2 coexistatent on the system, what is
your point of view?

i use hcid and some gnome utils which require libs
and on the other hand i use hcid and so on which require libs2

what are your perspectives and how may i help, i really can help, but
i dont want to spend 48 hours writeing sth. that will not agree with
your point of view and thus would be therown into a trash can ;>

i have some free programming resource (time for example ;)
and i would like to help, just tell me in which direction ;)

greets
--
Maciej 'sfires' Swiderski
SysAdm | SecOff | DS14145-RIPE | DS11-6BONE

by Dariusz Swiderski

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] cvs software issues

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Dariusz,
>

>>>it should create it if it is missing.
>>
>>apparently it doeas not:
>>sfires@snoopy:/home/storage/software/cvs/bluez/libs2$ ./bootstrap
>>configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
>>configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
>>configure.in: installing `./missing'
>>configure.in:19: installing `./config.guess'
>>configure.in:19: installing `./config.sub'
>>configure.in:19: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
>>compat/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
>>
>>im not very goot with automake and autoconf sripts, but in utils and libs
>>this file, is pulled from cvs, and yes, i have seen the remark in attic ;)
>

> it says so, but does this mean that it is not created ;)

ok, i see you are trying to pull my leg..:
sfires@snoopy:/home/storage/software/cvs/bluez/libs2$ ls
AUTHORS CVS/ Makefile.am README bootstrap* config.h.in debian/ install-sh* mkinstalldirs*
COPYING ChangeLog Makefile.in aclocal.m4 compat/ config.sub* depcomp* lib/ test/
COPYING.LIB INSTALL NEWS autom4te.cache/ config.guess* configure.in include/ missing*

the mkinstalldir and so on are in place, but not the ltmain.sh

>>>There is no planned coexisting of both version and if libs2 and utils2
>>>are ready for rollout it will replace the old one.
>>
>>ok, i can live with this, but what about hcid? its not in utils2
>
> I am not quite sure about the real future of hcid. We will have a
> replacement for it, but I want to redesign some parts of it.

ok, no problem, but there must be sth. to work with the pin-helper ;)

---snip---

> At the moment nobody. So feel free to take the code and clean it up and
> make it libs2 compatible.

so i will

greets
--
Maciej 'sfires' Swiderski
SysAdm | SecOff | DS14145-RIPE | DS11-6BONE
193.178.161.0/24 | 3ffe:8010:7:2a::/64 | AS16288

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dariusz,

> > it should create it if it is missing.
>
> apparently it doeas not:
> sfires@snoopy:/home/storage/software/cvs/bluez/libs2$ ./bootstrap
> configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
> configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
> configure.in: installing `./missing'
> configure.in:19: installing `./config.guess'
> configure.in:19: installing `./config.sub'
> configure.in:19: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
> compat/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
>
> im not very goot with automake and autoconf sripts, but in utils and libs
> this file, is pulled from cvs, and yes, i have seen the remark in attic ;)

it says so, but does this mean that it is not created ;)

> > There is no planned coexisting of both version and if libs2 and utils2
> > are ready for rollout it will replace the old one.
>
> ok, i can live with this, but what about hcid? its not in utils2

I am not quite sure about the real future of hcid. We will have a
replacement for it, but I want to redesign some parts of it.

> > Every program that uses the old library must rewritten to use the new
> > one. Especially sdptool, pand and dund. The other big project is writing
> > a new sdpd.
>
> so who is doing what, and where can i help?:)

At the moment nobody. So feel free to take the code and clean it up and
make it libs2 compatible.

Regards

Marcel

by Dariusz Swiderski

----snip---

----snip----

> Every program that uses the old library must rewritten to use the new
> one. Especially sdptool, pand and dund. The other big project is writing
> a new sdpd.

so who is doing what, and where can i help?:)

greets
--
Maciej 'sfires' Swiderski
SysAdm | SecOff | DS14145-RIPE | DS11-6BONE
193.178.161.0/24 | 3ffe:8010:7:2a::/64 | AS16288
A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

2004-03-29 10:44:30

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dariusz,

> i just did a cvs co of libs libs2 utils utils2 on a clean system
> and i have faced following problems:
>
> libs2 subdir is missinf the ltmain.sh script which is required by the
> bootstrap script

it should create it if it is missing.

> next thing, making libs and libs2 coexistatent on the system, what is
> your point of view?

Use another prefix for the new utils. I prefer /opt/bluetooth.

> i use hcid and some gnome utils which require libs
> and on the other hand i use hcid and so on which require libs2

You mean bthid which requires libs2 and using a different prefix solves
this problem.