2004-04-05 15:25:30

by Mans Matulewicz

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Where do I report a kernel OOPS?

Hi,
When shutting down my PC with my dongle attached the kernel generates an
OOPS and completely freezes. Without dongle everything is ok. Also when
removing the dongle during runtime it will lock. The problem start
showing up since I moved from 2.4 kernels to 2.6 stock kernels. Is this
a known problem? If yes, is there a patch?

HW:
Dongle: Bluegear B091H1 (USB1.1)
Mobo: Asus A7V333 (KT333 chipset)

Kernels with oops: 2.6.1 - 2.6.4

Attachments:
signature.asc (827.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2004-04-05 15:35:03

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Where do I report a kernel OOPS?

Hi Mans,

> When shutting down my PC with my dongle attached the kernel generates an
> OOPS and completely freezes. Without dongle everything is ok. Also when
> removing the dongle during runtime it will lock. The problem start
> showing up since I moved from 2.4 kernels to 2.6 stock kernels. Is this
> a known problem? If yes, is there a patch?

this problem is known, but it is not a Bluetooth problem. Ask the USB
guys about a patch for it.

Regards

Marcel