2004-06-02 12:45:00

by Kutschenreuter Matthias

Subject: AW: AW: [Bluez-devel] pand + socket filtering on zaurus

Hi Steve,

I failed to install the "bluez_2.4.18-mh8_arm.ipk" on OpenZaurus 3.3.5
System, which has an 2.4.18 kernel. messages occur like
/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia not found
modprobe: Can't locate module l2cap
First is due to differing directory structure, it's /etc/init.d/pcmcia =
on OZ
3.3.5)

After manually restarting pcmcia, insmod l2cap.o gives lots
of unresolved symbols, e.g. "l2cap.o: unresolved symbol batostr"
(I cannot follow the installation instruction from the old 2.4.6-ipk,
for instance there is no file "modules.conf.add". )

Easiest would be, if you already ran the bluez-2.4.18 on a Zaurus =
SL-5500G,=20
to tell me, which initrd.bin (or Ospack) and which zImage did you use ?
Is there any installation instruction for the 2.4.18-ipk ?

Thanks, Matthias
>=20
>=20
> Hi Matthias,
> Unless Edd has built a package of modules for this kernel,=20
> the most recent .ipk I know of is at Xavier Garreau's site:
>=20
> http://fichiers.xgarreau.org/zaurus/bluez_2.4.18-mh8_arm.ipk
>=20
> Note that this is from last August and a lot of bugs have=20
> been fixed since then but this should get you started.
>=20
> Marcel, can we remove the bluez-zaurus_2.3b from the=20
> Sourceforge site? It causes too much confusion.
>=20
> Steve
>=20
> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 15:23, Kutschenreuter Matthias wrote:
> > Hi Marcel,
> >=20
> > I found out, that the latest supported zaurus kernel for collie is=20
> > 2.4.18 . So I want to try this one. When I want to load=20
> l2cap.o after=20
> > installing "bluez-zaurus_2.3b_arm.ipk", it says:=20
> kernel-module version=20
> > mismatch l2cap.o was compiled for kernel 2.4.6...
> > while this kernel is 2.4.18...
> >=20
> >=20
> > So, is there any "bluez-zaurus....ipk" compiled for 2.4.18=20
> > and where can I download it ?
> >=20
> >=20
> > Kind regards, Matthias
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > > -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----

by Stephen Crane

Hi Matthias,
Sorry but I didn't realise you were using OZ. These modules were built
against the 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix kernel which is part of the 3.10
ROM image from Sharp. This is the stock Sharp upgrade to the original
(2.39?) ROM image which contains the 2.4.6-mumble kernel.

Sorry about that,
Steve

P.S. If I ever switch to using OZ (which I might if I get time), I will
put together some packages for it.