2004-06-02 14:57:01

by Kutschenreuter Matthias

Subject: AW: AW: AW: [Bluez-devel] pand + socket filtering on zaurus

Hi,

no problem. I would simply install the 3.10 ROM!
But, during my attempt to install the=20
http://fichiers.xgarreau.org/zaurus/bluez_2.4.18-mh8_arm.ipk=20
on OZ manually, I realized, that this is not exactly what I need.=20

I would need the bluez utility "hciattach" and the PAN daemon "pand"
to attach my Bluetooth chipsets and work with them,
whereas the above ipk doesnt contain this.
It provides lots of drivers for commercial Bluetooth CF-Cards instead,=20
as far as I understand.=20

Do you know a "bluez_2.4.18....ipk", that contains the stuff I need,
i.e. that contains similar programs than the old
"bluez-zaurus_2.3b_arm.ipk".

Regards, Matthias

=20

=20
>=20
> Hi Matthias,
> Sorry but I didn't realise you were using OZ. These modules=20
> were built against the 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix kernel which=20
> is part of the 3.10 ROM image from Sharp. This is the stock=20
> Sharp upgrade to the original
> (2.39?) ROM image which contains the 2.4.6-mumble kernel.
>=20
> Sorry about that,
> Steve
>=20
> P.S. If I ever switch to using OZ (which I might if I get=20
> time), I will put together some packages for it.
>=20
> On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 13:45, Kutschenreuter Matthias wrote:
> > Hi Steve,
> >=20
> > I failed to install the "bluez_2.4.18-mh8_arm.ipk" on=20
> OpenZaurus 3.3.5=20
> > System, which has an 2.4.18 kernel. messages occur like
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia not found
> > modprobe: Can't locate module l2cap
> > First is due to differing directory structure, it's=20
> /etc/init.d/pcmcia=20
> > on OZ
> > 3.3.5)
> >=20
> > After manually restarting pcmcia, insmod l2cap.o gives lots of=20
> > unresolved symbols, e.g. "l2cap.o: unresolved symbol batostr" (I=20
> > cannot follow the installation instruction from the old=20
> 2.4.6-ipk, for=20
> > instance there is no file "modules.conf.add". )
> >=20
> > Easiest would be, if you already ran the bluez-2.4.18 on a Zaurus=20
> > SL-5500G,
> > to tell me, which initrd.bin (or Ospack) and which zImage=20
> did you use ?
> > Is there any installation instruction for the 2.4.18-ipk ?
> >=20
> > Thanks, Matthias
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > Hi Matthias,
> > > Unless Edd has built a package of modules for this kernel,
> > > the most recent .ipk I know of is at Xavier Garreau's site:
> > >=20
> > > http://fichiers.xgarreau.org/zaurus/bluez_2.4.18-mh8_arm.ipk
> > >=20
> > > Note that this is from last August and a lot of bugs have
> > > been fixed since then but this should get you started.
> > >=20
> > > Marcel, can we remove the bluez-zaurus_2.3b from the
> > > Sourceforge site? It causes too much confusion.
> > >=20
> > > Steve
> > >=20
> for collie is
> > > l2cap.o after
> > > kernel-module version

by Stephen Crane

Hi Matthias,
This is a kernel-module-only package. If you want the user-space
binaries, have a look here:

ftp://http://www.rococosoft.com/pub/zaurus/

Unfortunately these are also about a year old, before I discovered the
joys of packaging for Zaurus. Have a look at the README.txt file, it
might help you.

Cheers,
Steve