2004-08-18 17:30:13

by Andreas Gaufer

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Sharp GX15 Info

Hi,

I got a Sharp GX15 (Vodafone Live Edition). It does nothing that needs a
ACL without pairing (only remote name request is possible w/o pairing).

Here are some details for your list Marcel:

Inq:

08:00:1F:B7:EF:7A clock offset: 0x7553 class: 0x500204

Info:

BD Address: 08:00:1F:B7:EF:7A
LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x460
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
Features: 0xef 0xff 0x0b 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
<3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot
state> <RSSI> <channel quality> <SCO link> <HV2 packets>
<HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD> <paging
scheme> <transparent SCO>

SDP:

Browsing 08:00:1F:B7:EF:7A ...
Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10001
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1105 - OBEXObjectPush
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x4
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0008 - OBEX
Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup (SDP)
Attribute Identifier : 0x6 - LanguageBaseAttributeIDList
Data Sequence
Code ISO639 (Integer) : 0x656e
Encoding (Integer) : 0x6a
Base Offset (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x9 - BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1105 - OBEXObjectPush
Version (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Text : "OBEX Object Push"
Attribute Identifier : 0x303
Data Sequence
Integer : 0xff

Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10002
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1101 - SerialPort
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x5
Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup (SDP)
Attribute Identifier : 0x6 - LanguageBaseAttributeIDList
Data Sequence
Code ISO639 (Integer) : 0x656e
Encoding (Integer) : 0x6a
Base Offset (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Text : "Serial Port"

Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10003
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1103 - DialupNetworking (DUN)
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x3
Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup (SDP)
Attribute Identifier : 0x6 - LanguageBaseAttributeIDList
Data Sequence
Code ISO639 (Integer) : 0x656e
Encoding (Integer) : 0x6a
Base Offset (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x9 - BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1103 - DialupNetworking (DUN)
Version (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Text : "Dial-up networking"

Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10004
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1112 - HeadsetAudioGateway
UUID16 : 0x1203 - GenericAudio
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x1
Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup (SDP)
Attribute Identifier : 0x6 - LanguageBaseAttributeIDList
Data Sequence
Code ISO639 (Integer) : 0x656e
Encoding (Integer) : 0x6a
Base Offset (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x9 - BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1108 - Headset
Version (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Text : "Voice gateway"

Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10005
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x111f - HandsfreeAudioGateway
UUID16 : 0x1203 - GenericAudio
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x2
Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup (SDP)
Attribute Identifier : 0x6 - LanguageBaseAttributeIDList
Data Sequence
Code ISO639 (Integer) : 0x656e
Encoding (Integer) : 0x6a
Base Offset (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x9 - BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x111e - Handsfree
Version (Integer) : 0x101
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Text : "Voice gateway"
Attribute Identifier : 0x301
Integer : 0x1
Attribute Identifier : 0x311
Integer : 0x1

Let me know what else you want to know.

Greetings

Andy

--
Blue Cell Networks GmbH
Industriestra?e 1b

Tel.: 0951-700 42 891 | Fax.: 0951-700 42 887

Diese Email sowie s?mtliche mit ihr ?bertragenen Dateien enthalten
vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch?tzte Informationen, welche
lediglich f?r den/die Adressaten bestimmt sind. Sollten Sie nicht der
vorgesehene Empf?nger sein, ist Ihnen der Gebrauch, die Verbreitung oder
Vervielf?ltigung der darin enthaltenen Informationen nicht gestattet.
Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empf?nger sein, benachrichtigen Sie
den Absender bitte umgehend per Email und vernichten Sie die
Originalnachricht einschlie?lich etwaiger Kopien und angeh?ngter
Dateien. Vielen Dank.

by Lars Grunewaldt

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Sharp GX15 Info [OT]

by Andreas Gaufer

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Sharp GX15 Info

Mi Marcel,

Im afraid thats not a developers mistake but a managers order. Looking
at the Sharp GX30 where BT is limited to Head-Set Use I guess thats part
of Vodaphones tactic to limit the user to receive and send Content over
their Network.

BTW Theres also no OBEX over IrDa or Data-Cable for both the GX30 and
the GX15. All Interfaces that *could* be verry useful look like limited
to be used for fancy proprietary stuff with there own PC-Software. Sad
but true.

Greetings

Andy

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:49:35 +0200
Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> > I got a Sharp GX15 (Vodafone Live Edition). It does nothing that
> > needs a ACL without pairing (only remote name request is possible
> > w/o pairing).
>
> thanks for your information and if this device uses security mode 3 by
> default, my stomach is turning up-side-down. I don't know what stupid
> software engineers this mobile phone manufactures hire, but pairing
> for a vCard exchange is bad. After that you can use every service of
> that mobile phone. Do they ever read any security papers :(
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Stephen Crane

Gosh! Security mode 3 in a phone! Did someone enable auth and encrypt by
mistake??

--
Stephen Crane, Rococo Software Ltd. http://www.rococosoft.com
[email protected] +353-1-6601315 (ext 209)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Andreas,