2004-08-24 19:22:18

by Vesa Halttunen

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Extra keyboard events are back with 2.6.8.1 and bluez-libs/utils 2.10

Hello,

I upgraded to Linux 2.6.8.1 and bluez-libs/utils 2.10 and found out that
the utterly annoying problem I had two months ago has returned: I
started getting extra characters/keypresses from my Logitech Elite
keyboard when typing quickly. The symptoms are EXACTLY the same as
described in my June message:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
thread_id=4969052&forum_id=1881

The problem is simple: when typing quickly multiple keys are down at
the same time and the key up events are not handled correctly. When
I type "sources" I get "sourceces".

I fixed this problem when I was using bthid by patching the bthid source
to handle the situation explained in my June message. Fortunately the
problem also kept away after switching to a more recent hcid and hidd:
2.6.7-mh1 and bluez-libs/utils 2.7 worked just fine.

Unfortunately now the problem is back and even though I already patched
this in bthid I don't know where to look in the current model. Could
someone please take a look at this problem since it's very annoying?
See the URL above for my explanation what happens and how I fixed it.

Regards,

-Vesa
--
? Vesa Halttunen - http://www.jormas.com/~vesuri/ ?

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Vesa,

> > maybe this is a problem of the boot protocol mode. Try using the patch
> > 2.6.8-mh1 with kernel 2.6.8.1.
>
> ...and it works fine! Thanks. I should have tried it out earlier but I
> thought it isn't necessary "since all bugfixes and new features for the
> Bluetooth subsystem got merged into the 2.6.8 release"... :)

the news item also states that this patch contains the HID report
protocol mode support ;)

Regards

Marcel

by Vesa Halttunen