2004-08-30 15:18:36

by blookk -

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] PAN profile of bluetooth

Hello

I have made a new try and it don't work.

after I do all things that you told me, when I execute "ifconfig" the
virtual interface Bnep0 don't appears.

Why do these things happen?

How do you make this connection?

Regards

>From: Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
>To: blookk - <[email protected]>
>CC: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] PAN profile of bluetooth
>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:30:52 +0200
>
>Hi,
>
> > I want to connect 2 pc using the PAN profile. I do this things:
> >
> > - In server and client:
> >
> > insmod rfcomm
> > insmod l2cap
> > insmod bnep
> >
> > hcid -n &
> > sdpd -n &
> > sdptool add LAN
>
>there is no "sdptool add", because pand can do this by itself.
And btw
>you said you wanted PAN and not LAN access using PPP.
>
> > - In the server:
> > The file hcid.conf : lm accept,master;
> > in the console : pand --listen --role GN
> >
> > - In the client:
> > The file hcid.conf : lm accept,master;
> > in the console : pand --connect 00:11:22:33:44:55
>
>This will never work, because only one can be the master. Don't use the
>hcid.conf for setting the master role. Use --master on the server side
>call of pand.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> Hi! I newly subscribed to these ML.

don't attach to a thread with different topic. Create your own.

> I'm a lot interested by BT since I made my last year's projetc on that
> ("BT and the ad hod networks", actually. I'm french, so it's in french.
> If someone want to read it ;) )
> I have a lot of ideas about using BT, but for now I would like to know
> more about how to use Bluez stack. I'm ready for testing anything you
> want me to test: I have 2 usb BT dongles (CSR chipset), and Logitech BT
> mouse and keyboard (yep, on windows)
> My only exploit with BT was to make a pda connect to the net throught a
> BT dongle connect to an Linux box.

Go ahead with your mouse and keyboard. You will find many links for that
on the internet and trying out kernel 2.6.8-mh1 and hidd would be great.

Regards

Marcel

by GUILLON Gabriel

Hi! I newly subscribed to these ML.
I'm a lot interested by BT since I made my last year's projetc on that=20
("BT and the ad hod networks", actually. I'm french, so it's in french.=20
If someone want to read it ;) )
I have a lot of ideas about using BT, but for now I would like to know=20
more about how to use Bluez stack. I'm ready for testing anything you=20
want me to test: I have 2 usb BT dongles (CSR chipset), and Logitech BT=20
mouse and keyboard (yep, on windows)
My only exploit with BT was to make a pda connect to the net throught a=20
BT dongle connect to an Linux box.
It work pretty well :)

blookk - a =E9crit :
>=20
>=20
> Hello
>=20
> I have made a new try and it don't work.
>=20
> after I do all things that you told me, when I execute "ifconfig" the=
=20
> virtual interface Bnep0 don't appears.
>=20
> Why do these things happen?
>=20
> How do you make this connection?
>=20
> Regards
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >From: Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
> >To: blookk - <[email protected]>
> >CC: [email protected]
> >Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] PAN profile of bluetooth
> >Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:30:52 +0200
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> > > I want to connect 2 pc using the PAN profile. I do this thing=
s:

> > > - In server and client:
> > >
> > > insmod rfcomm
> > > insmod l2cap
> > > insmod bnep
> > >
> > > hcid -n &
> > > sdpd -n &
> > > sdptool add LAN
> >
> >there is no "sdptool add", because pand can do this by=20
> itself. And btw
> >you said you wanted PAN and not LAN access using PPP.
> >
> > > - In the server:
> > > The file hcid.conf : lm accept,master;
> > > in the console : pand --listen --role GN
> > >
> > > - In the client:
> > > The file hcid.conf : lm accept,master;
> > > in the console : pand --connect 00:11:22:33:44:55
> >
> >This will never work, because only one can be the master. Don't use=
the
> >hcid.conf for setting the master role. Use --master on the server s=
ide
> >call of pand.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Marcel

>=20
>=20

--=20
"May peace prevail on Earth"

Gab

"Un mot aimable est comme un jour de printemps."
- Proverbe russe -

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I have made a new try and it don't work.
>
> after I do all things that you told me, when I execute "ifconfig" the
> virtual interface Bnep0 don't appears.

check with "ifconfig -a", because if it is still unconfigured it
wouldn't be shown otherwise.

Regards

Marcel