2004-10-13 13:46:20

by Diego Liziero

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: [Bluez-users] problems with bytestream

Hi Andrea,
I took a look at l2test.c and I saw that
at the beginning of each packet sent
there is a small header.

The first 32 bits are used for the sequence number
and the following 16 for the packet size.

l2test[3491]: Recevied 18 bytes
00000000: 01 00 00 00 12 00 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f 7f
.........|seq-number | len | payload
.........| (little endian) |

However I tested it with smaller packet sizes and it seems
to work here flawlessly.

l2test -s -b 1 -N 1 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

l2test -d
l2test[3488]: Connect from XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX [imtu 672, omtu 672,
flush_to 65535]
l2test[3488]: Receiving ...
l2test[3488]: Recevied 1 bytes
00000000: 00 .
l2test[3488]: Disconnect. Success

I used csr based USB dongles with latest bluez libs & utils.

Ciao,
Diego Liziero.

by Paolino paperino

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: [Bluez-users] problems with bytestream + rfcomm socket problems

Thanks Diego,
Now i've tested the rctest (without the usleep that
i've inserted) on a machine with kernel 2.4.18 and
bluez libs/utils 2.2(USB dongle digicom), and the
receive function doesn't give any prblems, work well,
doesn't loose any byte...is this a bug in the kernel i
use?!

PS The USB dongle i use with the kernel 2.6 is a Trust
BT180

Thanks
Andrea S.