2004-11-16 12:05:08

by Luis Peiro

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: Bluetooth enabled products codes

Hi Marcel,

I appreciate very much your quick answer.
There are a list of feature definitions in the link manager specification
and it is also specified wich bit is notifying the presence of a given
feature in terms of the position of this bit relative to the feature mask.
The supported features are also numbered from 0 to 63 i.e. ox0 to ox3F (
though not all numbers defined), but anyway it's hard for me to perceive
which is the relationship between these numbers/mask and the hexadecimal
codes aforesaid

Thanks for your patience

> Hi,
>
> > Refering to the page "Bluetooth adapters and Bluetooth enabled products"
at
> > http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html, I would like to
know
> > the meaning of those hexadecimal numbers for features and versions. In
the
> > Official BT assigned numbers I can't see the mapping.
>
> the features numbers are explained in the link manager part of the
> Bluetooth specification and the version numbers are manufacturer
> specific.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I appreciate very much your quick answer.
> There are a list of feature definitions in the link manager specification
> and it is also specified wich bit is notifying the presence of a given
> feature in terms of the position of this bit relative to the feature mask.
> The supported features are also numbered from 0 to 63 i.e. ox0 to ox3F (
> though not all numbers defined), but anyway it's hard for me to perceive
> which is the relationship between these numbers/mask and the hexadecimal
> codes aforesaid

use the API call lmp_featurestostr() to decode them.

Regards

Marcel