2004-11-24 19:43:26

by Michael Frey

Subject: [Bluez-devel] hcitool scan problems....

I am currently seeing strange behavior while doing "scans".

It takes me several scans to see the devices I have in range. Also,
sometimes when I issue "hcitool scan" it does not even scan. It just
stops immediately after printing "Scanning ...".

Can anyone explain this?

Michael

by Michael Frey

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] hcitool scan problems....

Thanks for the help. The --scan helps.

I am using kernel 2.4.20

Michael

On Nov 24, 2004, at 4:48 PM, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
>> I am currently seeing strange behavior while doing "scans".
>>
>> It takes me several scans to see the devices I have in range. Also,
>> sometimes when I issue "hcitool scan" it does not even scan. It just
>> stops immediately after printing "Scanning ...".
>
> what kernel version is this? Try it with --flush.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Diego Liziero

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 14:43 -0500, Michael Frey wrote:
> I am currently seeing strange behavior while doing "scans".
>
> It takes me several scans to see the devices I have in range. Also,
> sometimes when I issue "hcitool scan" it does not even scan. It just
> stops immediately after printing "Scanning ...".
>
> Can anyone explain this?
Maybe,
the default option is to search other bluetooth devices
for 8 windows (about 10 seconds).

Try to wait 10 seconds or decrease the scanning length
with option --length=how_many_win_to_use_for_searching

When you see the devices printed immediately,
it could be because they are discovered during the first
window, or because they are already in the cache,
due to a previous scan.

Diego Liziero <[email protected]>

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Michael,